Real Techniques Make Up Brushes


Yay! My Real Techniques brushes have finally arrived! I've been wanting these for so long now. I already own the Real Techniques Foundation Brush, which I got from Boots some time ago, and it is honestly one of the best brushes I've ever owned.

As most of you know, Real Techniques is a make-up brush brand by beauty guru Samantha Chapman at Pixiwoo. The brushes use synthetic hair, which not only means they are 100% cruelty free but they are extremely soft to help create a flawless, high-definition look. I absolutely love the appearance of these brushes - the gold & pink metallic finish make them look really sophisticated. The white tips also mean that you can keep your brushes super clean and hygenic, as you'll be able to tell when they're really dirty!

I purchased these brushes via a website called iHerb, which is based in the US. I came across the site and noticed that you could obtain brushes a lot cheaper than here in the UK. In total, I paid £27 for the lot. If I had bought these from my local Boots, it would have cost me £44.97. After ordering, my package landed in the UK just three days later. Admittedly, there was a bit of a dispute with DHL because my parcel got delivered to the wrong address by the driver (!), but my brand new brushes landed on my doorstep in a total of five days.


Contour Brush (Core Collection): This brush definitely lives up to it's name - the full and plush texture means you can apply bronzing and highlighting powders accurately to define your features. I normally use Benefit Hoola Powder when contouring, but the random brush provided often makes my face look patchy. After investing in this baby, that horrible little brush provided by Benefit is long gone!

Pointed Foundation Brush (Core Collection): Personally, I found this brush a bit too small for applying foundation - I would be in front of the mirror for hours! However, it makes a great highlighting tool for under my brow and cheek bones as it is very precise.

Detailer Brush (Core Collection): When I took this teeny tiny little brush out of the packaging for the first time, I thought to myself... What on earth could I possibly use this for? Since I don't wear concealer, I find this brush a bit redundant from my everyday make up routine. However, it can be used for touching up the edge of your lipstick and applying eyeshadow to the inner corners.

Buffing Brush (Core Collection): I was so excited to use this brush as I have heard such good things about it. And wow, it certinately lived up to my high expectation! This brush is fabulously well-balanced in density and flexibility, which makes it perfect for blending my liquid foundation without leaving any streaks. It provides a natural and even finish. This has definitely pushed my old foundation brush out of my collection!

Powder BrushNow this is the biggest brush of the whole collection, but don't be put off! Like all of the Real Techniques brushes, the bristles are super soft and feel like satin against my skin. Just one swirl around my loose powder and it picks up enough product to effortlessly cover my whole face.

Blush Brush: This has a lot more movement compared to the rest of the brushes and it really easy to use with powder blush. The size and shape of this brush provides a natural flushed looked and perfectly blends my blusher across the apples of my cheeks without making me look like a clown!

If you decide you want to jump on the Real Techniques bandwagon, I highly recommend ordering from iHerb. Make sure you enter the code BCR859 at the checkout to bag yourself $10 off all orders over $40, or $5 off all orders under.... You're welcome :)

I'm so happy that I finally have these brushes in my life! What's your favourite Real Techniques brush?


2 comments:

  1. What do you think of the powder brush lovely? I'm looking at adding that one to my collection next!! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend it hun, literally takes me about 2 seconds to apply powder and gives a very even coverage :) xxx

      Delete