Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation


For the past year or so, I have religiously used MAC foundation day in and day out. I found that most drugstore foundations made my skin appear blotchy and slightly orange, which means the colour of my face and neck wouldn't match up properly! When I started using the MAC Studio Fix Fluid, I honestly thought I would never step away, It gives such a flawless coverage and I will always stand by this product, despite the slightly expensive price tag. However, as the spring season creeps upon us, I feel that my MAC foundation may be a bit too heavy for warmer days and I'm currently craving something lighter which will allow my skin to breathe.

I've stumbled across tons of reviews on Rimmel's Wake Me Up Foundation, so thought I would give it a whirl! I must admit, I haven't really payed much attention to drugstore foundations over recent years... I was so surprised by all the unfamiliar bottles on display in my local Boots store. However, this bottle stood out instantly due to the bright orange bottle lid - such a lovely touch and instantly made me think of summer. Also, I like the fact it comes in a glass bottle as it appears more luxurious than most high street foundation.

The first thing I noticed when applying the liquid was its gorgeous scent. I guess most make up out there isn't meant to smell particularly good, but this one tickled my senses nicely. It is quite a creamy texture and applies lightly onto my skin - it makes such a difference after using a heavy matte foundation for so long. The bottle claims that the foundation will provide you with an "anti-fatigue effect and radiant glow", and I must say, it definitely lived up to it's word. The liquid contains teeny tiny sparkles, which helps to give an instant flawless lookSurprisingly, coverage lasts most of the day. I tend to add a slight dusting of my trusty MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Powder in the afternoon to keep my face looking immaculate. 

It's fair to say that my faith in drugstore base make-up has been restored, thanks to this little beauty! What's your favourite foundation on the high street?


2 comments:

  1. I have nominated you for a Liebster Award congrats please find all the info here: http://dream-instyle.blogspot.ca/2014/03/ive-been-nominated.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!

    I nominated you for the LIBSTER award. This award is just a way of saying I really like your blog and letting other people know about your blog .If you are interested go to my post and answer the questions I asked on your blog. Follow me on instagram much love XO.


    http://smil3zandstyle.blogspot.com/2014/03/liebster-award-q.html

    ReplyDelete