Benefit Purchases


Whilst browsing in my local Debenhams store, I decided to spontaneously pick up a few bits from the Benefit counter. I've really grown to Benefit over the past year. Even though their products are slightly above my budget, they tend to last for aaaaages, so it's totally worth spending that extra bit of dollar.



Stay Flawless 15 Hour Primer: £24.50

Admittedly, I've never used a primer in my life. Ever. I'm quite lucky with my skin complexion as I don't tend to get a lot of spots or open pores. The soul reason I opted for this primer is because I wanted something to help keep my face looking flawless for hours on end... Having patchy foundation throughout the day is definitely not the best look! I've been using this primer daily for a week to see just how well it works.

The packaging is super cute and is rather similar to Topshop's makeup range with the polka dots and plastic style. It comes as a stick applicator, meaning application is mess free and perfect if you're constantly on-the-go.

Benefit Stay Flawless is a light beige colour which applies transparent, meaning it's suitable for all skin tones. The primer should be applied directly to cleansed but dry skin before immediately applying your foundation to help 'lock in' your base products. The initial idea is that the primer acts as a makeup magnet, helping you to achieve an immaculate look for up to 15 hours.

Since using this product, my makeup stays looking fresh all day. I would say that their 15 hour claim is a slight exaggeration... But it's enough to keep me going through my 8 hour shifts at work. I'm super happy to have found a product to help keep everything in place all day long, I'll definitely be purchasing this after it has run out.





Eye Bright Pencil: £15.50

Sometimes my hectic days at work are a little tough to keep up with, and I'm normally left feeling totally drained on a Monday morning after a jam-packed weekend. I've recently noticed that my lack of sleep leaves me with tired looking eyes with dark circles underneath. Luckily, I've discovered Benefit's Eye Bright Pencil for a perfect pick-me-up that I need throughout the week.

Touted as a 'coffee break in a stick', Eye Bright is designed to help brighten your eyes and help you look more awake. It's an almost-white milky pink shade, which is the perfect colour to give a subtle glow to suit all skin tones. The formula is creamy and smooth, making it super easy to apply and blend around the eyes.

Eye Bright is a versatile product that can go way beyond your eyes. You can use this product to brighten different areas of your face, such as under your brows and highlighting cheekbones. I do find that the colour can dissapear before long when used around the inner corners of my eyes. However, this product is really effective when used on the lower water line. The soft pink tone instantly creates a more open, brighter eye and is easy to top up on the go due to it's compact size.

The only drawback with the Eye Bright is that I do feel it is a little pricey. I'm hoping that it should last for a long time, otherwise I will begin my hunt for the perfect dupe.

What's your favourite Benefit product? Have you tried either of these?

No comments:

Post a Comment