Bootea 14 Day Teatox


At the beginning of 2014, I promised myself that this would be the year I finally get back into shape after gaining a hideous amount of weight whist living away at University. Two and a half months into the New Year and I have stuck to my resolution for the first time EVER, super proud of myself!

I've always heard good things about 'teatoxes' and decided to try it out for myself. I came across the 14 day Bootea teatox packs and was instantly sold as it includes pure & natural ingredients to help detox your body. After getting my mum to jump on the Bootea bandwagon, we ordered the 28 day teatox and shared out the teabags between us which worked out a lot cheaper than buying two sets of tea.

After receiving my order within the next two days, I began my teatox. I can genuinely say that I enjoyed drinking the Daytime Cleanse tea. The noticeable taste of lemongrass left me feeling awake for most of the morning - I could have easily drank multiple cups of this for the rest of they day! However, I couldn't say the same for my Bedtime Cleanse... The strong taste of peppermint was not to my liking at all!

I purposely began my detox on a Friday morning, as the website suggested that you should start your cleanse on the weekend. This is because the Bedtime tea can have a laxative effect, all I can say is that I strongly recommend you follow this advice...!

Unfortunately, I experienced stomach pains throughout the night that kept me awake as my body started to de-bloat. Not ideal when you have to be up for work at 7am. I also felt nauseous for most of the day each time I drank the Bedtime Cleanse. I stuck to the detox as I was desperate to see the results at the end and find out if Bootea really was as good as it has appeared in marketing campaigns.

As my two weeks came to an end, I was a little dissapointed with the outcome. There is no denying that the tea helped to clear out my system, but I haven't noticed much difference in terms of bloating. I lost 5lb during my teatox, however I have been religiously dieting & hitting the gym since January and felt that this didn't really speed up the process of my weight loss.

All in all, I don't think I will be rushing to place my next order any time soon. I am genuinely gutted that my Daytime Cleanse teabags have finished due to the amaaaazing taste. However, the side effects I have experienced from the Bedtime Cleanse have completely put me off trying this again.


Has anyone else tried the Bootea Teatox? What did you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment